Light Lunch Wraps + Guacamole Recipe

Okay, I saw in the statistics that my blog is being linked by some advertisement site apparently? I don't really know why but it gives me traffic. Weird.

Today I'm going to talk about something I eat for lunch or late breakfast from time to time briefly. It kind of connects to the previous post about the summer rolls.


★★★WRAPS + Guacamole★★★

Lunch Wraps - Gyros Style

What do you need for wraps in general:

- tortillas/wraps
- lettuce or other salad/greens
- meat or fish
- sauce (salsa, guacamole or tzatziki)

I can buy tortillas at the local supermarket in many variations e.g. with corn flower or with wheat flower, with tomato or with garlic and basil. We have a special oven where I can heat them up a bit before eating, too but I think a microwave oven works as well.

Since I already included the recipe for tzatziki in one of my other posts, I will only include the one for guacamole here:


Guacamole

RECIPE:

- avocado (soft = ripe)
- onion
- tomato
- sesame seeds
- salt
- pepper
- lime/lemon juice
- garlic powder
- other herbs of choice

How to:

Peel the avocado if you can or just cut it in half, remove the pit and use a spoon to scoop out all the flesh. Put it in a bowl. Chop an onion into tiny tiny pieces or use green onion and chop it up small. Remove the inside of the tomato (the guacamole will get watery if you leave it in) and cut it up as well. Add everything to the bowl and use a fork to mash the avocado up. Mix in the spices and herbs of your choice and some lime or lemon juice.

I really like adding a bit of garlic powder and roasted sesame seeds. I think they give the guacamole a really nice round taste.

That's basically it.

Comments