Salmon Salad Summer Rolls

I apologize for the lack of updates but life has been a bit busy lately. I also had my wisdom teeth removed and lost the ability to eat properly for a good amount of time. So today's just going to be a quick recipe for something that's perfect for hot summer days!
 
★★★Salmon Salad Summer Rolls★★★

Salmon Salad Rolls + Mini Tomatoes


RECIPE:

- raw or smoked salmon, whatever is more readily available where you are
- balsamic vinegar
- onion
- cream cheese
- salad of your choice
- rice paper
- (optional) yoghurt
- pepper
- (optional) herbs

How to:

Slice the onion thinly if it's a rather spicy kind of fresh onion. If you use green onion, which is also possible, you don't need to slice it that carefully. Put the onion into a bowl and put about 1-2 teaspoons of vinegar on them. Then slice the salmon and add it to the onion and vinegar. Add pepper and other herbs if you want to (e.g. some garlic) and if you are using fresh salmon, some salt. Let this sit for a bit.

In the meantime, make the cream cheese dressing. The original recipe only had plain cream cheese but I didn't like that so much. I used herb cream cheese instead or another time, cream cheese with chives in it. Then I added 1-2 tablespoons of firm yoghurt and mixed it together because cream cheese by itself is a bit heavy in my opinion. You can also add herbs etc. that you like to plain cream cheese (and yoghurt) of course. Set the dressing aside as well.

Prepare the rice paper (usually you need to make it wet and wait until it turns soft) and if you need to, wash the salad. Then you can get ready to roll!

My advice is to put the salad first, if you have whole leaves, this will prevent the dressing from leaking out. Put some of the onion+salmon onto the salad and then finally top it with the dressing. Then you can roll the whole thing. I fold in the sides so the roll isn't open. After you flip over the roll for the first time, fold the sides in and then keep rolling so that a closed roll is the result. I know it's a little hard to describe and I forgot to take pictures, sorry! Maybe I'll add them at a later date.

You're done now but if you want to serve them and make them look a little fancy (like I did in the picture) cut them in the middle. Don't just cut them straight but with a little angle! :)

Comments